- Z-HOPE (Zetas Helping Other People Excel) Z-HOPE is an interactive, holistic and multidimensional outreach service initiative designed to enhance, cultivate, and empower participants to develop health promoting lifestyle choices across the lifespan. Kappa Epsilon Zeta Chapter has implemented Z-HOPE with great enthusiasm! For more information on Z-HOPE please visit our international website. The following is a brief overview of KEZ’s current community service projects. To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March of Dimes March For Babies – The women of KEZ have been annual participants of this important Walk since 1998. Over the years KEZ has donated thousands of dollars to assist in the fight for babies and to prevent prematurity. The March of Dimes is our national signature program. Please visit The March of Dimes website at www.marchforbabies.org for more information on the Walk and the partnership between The March of Dimes and ZETA.
- Zeta Prematurity Awareness Weekend – KEZ reached over 1,334 congregation members on Sunday, November 11, 2007, spreading information from the March of Dimes on the prevention of premature births. Stay tuned to the events section of this website for our next Prematurity Awareness activity.
- Stork’s Nest – In conjunction with The March of Dimes, the Stork’s Nest Program encourages participation in prenatal care for mothers of unborn babies and educates our communities about the importance of healthy behaviors for pregnant women. KEZ participates in this initiative and the local Nest is located at Union Community Health Center. For more information about Stork’s Nest please contact us or visit our international website.
- KEZ Scholarship Fund – The Kappa Epsilon Zeta Scholarship Fund was established in January 2003 to provide assistance to young college minded women in their pursuit of higher education. Since 1920, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. has based its foundation on the ideals of service, sisterly love, scholarship and finer womanhood. In accordance with these ideals, we have made a commitment to assist with the goals of young women pursuing higher education. For more information regarding application deadlines or donations, please visit the scholarship section of this website.
- Adopt A School – In line with a New York State ZETA initiative set forth in 2000, KEZ ADOPTED A SCHOOL! As of February 2001 we forged a partnership with The Learning Tree Cultural Preparatory School of The Bronx. A private, non-profit institution, the school operates on personal donations, community support, small business endowments, student tuition and modest grants. Prior to moving into their own building in September 2000, the school had been servicing its over 150 students in various church basements & buildings for the more than 25 years by the Grace of God and the vision of its founder and principal, Sister Lois Gregory. The school is in need of many things, from garbage bags/cleaning supplies & lockers to books & pens for the students. To learn more about The Learning Tree please visit their website at www.learningtreeprep.org.
- American Diabetes Association Step Out to Fight Diabetes – KEZ was listed as one of the top 25 organizations for raising money during the 2007 walk. We were ranked #22 in New York City, raising $1830.00. We hope to surpass that goal this year. Please stay tuned for information about joining KEZ for future walks.
- Adopt-a-Highway – Since 2000, KEZ has had an adopted highway site courtesy of the New York State Department of Transportation. Located just off the 236th Street exit of the Bronx River Parkway, our site is maintained monthly by chapter members.
- Archonette Club – The KEZ Archonette Club was chartered in June 2000. To learn more please visit their page in the Auxiliaries section of this website.
- Secret Santa – This is a program sponsored by the Bronx Borough President’s Office. Commencing in 1997, members of Kappa Epsilon Zeta have donated presents to children of the Bronx.
- Feed the Needy – For several years, KEZ has participated in Thessalonia Worship Center’s Thanksgiving Day program, where a Thanksgiving meal is provided for those in need.
- Angel Tree – When your parent is in prison, so are you. Your heart is locked behind a wall of loneliness. Your future is bound by shame. Angel Tree Christmas works by connecting parents in prison with their children through the delivery of Christmas gifts. In most cases, local church volunteers purchase and deliver gifts and the gospel to children in the name of their prisoner-parent. Thessalonia Worship Center, participates in this venture and through their efforts KEZ participates annually by donating gifts for distribution and volunteering at the Christmas party.
Additionally, Kappa Epsilon Zeta works with our Fraternity brothers (Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.) of the Bronx/Westchester (Beta Psi Sigma) Graduate Chapter to improve our communities through various Community Service Projects! Brothers and Sisters working together… Always for the benefit of our community!